Saturday, December 19, 2009

Homeward Bound

Once more again unto the breach.

For my very last post, I thought I'd do something a bit different - after I do the usual of course.

I'm not sure how many times I managed to squeeze in the phrase, "I just flew in from LA," but it was quite a few. Unfortunately though the 14 hour flight had left me somewhat the worse for wear, and I didn't smell the greatest. I know I'm a little paranoid when it comes to this sort of thing, but it was so frustrating to have no access to any deoderant (in the checked baggage), I did my best to freshen up in the bathroom, and changed shirt. The next flight was only an hour and a half, and given I had to wait longer in the terminal than the flight, it was a breeze.

The motel is awesome. I'm on the 19th floor. I have a view of the ocean, and a spa in my room. I wouldn't recommend the hotel though, because it's just too expensive. On top of being so rediculously expensive for the room, they expect you to be able to pay exorbitant prices for every other little convenience. Even so, I've enjoyed the extravagance. I've spent a day by the pool sipping cocktails, I'm so sunburnt I'm considering auditioning for the Christmas ham, and my luck followed me here. The entire St Kilda football team is also staying at the hotel, and also enjoyed the pool facilities. Yes, please.

Now, for the something different; some numbers.

5 New Friends
10 Flights
2 Days/48 Hours in the Air (approx)
6 Major Train Journeys
8 Motels/Apartments
26 Hours Spent Waiting at Airports
?? Hours Spent Watching BBC World News, because it was the only english TV channel
Countless Tube, Metropolitain, Metro, and Transit Journeys.

All told, over $10,000.

I'll see you soon, broke and missing you. But so much the better for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment